Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Confession

I LOVE books that are written for Jr. High and High School girls. Don't get me wrong I love so many other genres of books, but the sappy high school romance novels are definitely my guilty pleasures. I can't wait until the day when I can pass down Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants to Brooklyn. I really hope she inherited my love for reading. Well I just read a book recommended by my sister-in-law called My Double Life it's written by Jannette Rallison. It is a really fast easy read, and if you like the high school romance books, you will love it. However if you think these kind of books are cheesy and stupid, then don't read it. Also I need a good book to read so please tell me about some of your favorites. Remember I love all books so I am open to reading anything.

Note: I know there are over 1,000 grammar errors in this post, but Brooklyn is sitting on my lap trying to type with me so I don't care. Don't judge! :)

7 comments:

Mathis + Meag said...

haha teesh i am the same way.. i seriously love those books and read them over and over again.. ps i looovve your hair! and... i miss you!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I love young adult girl books :) I think we never let go of that side of us, even when we become "women" The other day I rented some cute little show I would have loved when I was like 13 years old... I LOVED IT :) haha

...Bryan and Sally... said...

Ok, all of Jannette Rallison's books are AMAZING haha in a teenage girl sort of way. I really liked "My Fair Godmother"...Read them all!!! Also, another really good author is Shannon Hale. She wrote some that I love... "Princess Academy" and the "Goose Girl" series are really good as well. Enjoy!!!

Katie said...

hey!! i just wanted to check if you want to be added to my blog so you can keep reading after I go private today! If so...I need your email address :) email me at kdwarnock (at) gmail (dot) com if you want to! love you and your adorable little family!!

Mandy said...

Sisterhood will always remind me of us :) Ever since I started the English Major I have been reading intellectual classics and frankly, I'm bored. I need a little Anne Brashares in my life. I will have to check that book out!

Seth & Juli + Rocco, Zeegan and Kezia said...

K so I know she was already suggested, but read the Shannon Hale books! I love them! The whole goose girl series is awesome, altho the first book of that series is my ultimate favorite! Princess Academy is awesome! and Book of a thousand days is fabulous!!!
Those are fantasy more for teenagers, but I love them! One of my other favorite series is by Author Sheralyn Pratt. The Rhea Jensen series (i've probably read it 11 or 12 times, no kidding!). the second book "Welcome to Stalk Lake City" is my favorite!
Also, Have you heard of Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funk? That one was pretty good.
And last, for now, is "Shiver" and "Linger" by Maggie Stiefvater... awesome!

Talisha! said...

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I am so excited to read all these books. (nerdy? probably). Mandy I think you will like these books. They give you a feeling similar to the one you get when you read the Sisterhood, not quite as good as the Sisterhood, but still a relaxing, fun, read.